Who we are
1. YIMC (“YIMC”, “we”, “our”) is the organizing body of the annual Young International Mediation Competition (the “Competition”). Our website is located at www.yimc.org. YIMC is incorporated in England as a company limited by guarantee number 11467854 with its registered office at Low Belford, Dallowgill, Ripon HG4 3RF. Further statutory information about YIMC and its directors may be found on the Companies House website.
2. This Policy tells you:
- What information we might collect from you.
- How we might store and process the information, including when we might use your details to contact you, and when we might share it with others.
- Your choices about the personal information that you give us.
Your attention is drawn particularly to the information in sections 6 and 7 below relating to the possibility of the physical storage of information in and transfer of information to countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to which you are agreeing if you consent to this Policy.
What information we might collect from you
3. The information that we collect may vary depending on the nature your relationship with YIMC. The latter may include (but is not limited to):
- Students who are participating in the Competition as team members (or accompanying a team to observe).
- Coaches of teams that are participating in the Competition.
- Professional mediators and other volunteers assisting with the organization of the Competition.
- YIMC directors and staff, including those acting in a voluntary capacity.
- Individuals who are employed by or are volunteers with third parties who are hosting or supporting the Competition.
- Other individuals making general contact or enquiries.
4. The following are the broad categories of information we may collect and keep:
- Identifying information, including your name and date of birth.
- Contact information, including your email address, mobile contact number, emergency contact number and address.
- Academic information, including your place of study, academic history, year of study.
- Company name, employment history, professional background and qualifications.
- Any special requirements necessary for your participation in and enjoyment of the Competition.
Processing, storage, retention and sharing of information
5. As relevant to the specific purposes list in 3 above, typically the information that we collect from you will be processed in order to send you details about the Competition ahead of your registration in a particular year, or to facilitate your involvement in the Competition once you have registered in a particular capacity.
6. The information that you send to YIMC will be stored in one of more of the following locations:
- The YIMC web and email server, which is located in the United Kingdom.
- Personal computers including laptops, tablets, smart-phones and other hand-held devices used by YIMC directors or staff for the purpose of organizing the competition. These directors or staff may be domiciled in or, from time-to-time, may be visiting a non-EEA country (including for the hosting of the Competition).
YIMC takes reasonable and proportionate steps to protect the physical and electronic security of the data stored on these devices to the standards required of YIMC by applicable regulation. Other than require by law we will retain data only until the end of the calendar year of the Competition for which it has been provided unless we receive your consent to do otherwise, for example to notify you of future Competitions.
7. In order to run the competition, we may need to share some of your information with the university or other organization that is physically hosting the Competition or assisting with logistical support (for example, in order for you to gain access to a specific site). YIMC will take reasonable steps to ensure that the standards applied to the storage and processing by any such party are consistent with this policy as it applies to YIMC itself. Again, this may involve a transfer to a non-EEA country. Other than as stated in this section, YIMC will not share data with any third party without your express consent.
Your choices about the information that you give us
9. You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information.
10 You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified or completed if it is incomplete.
11. You have the right to have personal data erased (although this right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances).
12. You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data (although this right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances).
13. Any objection to the processing of your data will require us to stop processing the personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your interests, rights and freedoms or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or enforcement of our terms of business.
14. You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. We do however request that you give us an opportunity to resolve any complaints before doing so.
15. Please address any communications relating to this policy by email to email@example.com or by post to YIMC, Low Belford, Dallowgill, Ripon, HG4 3RF, England.
16. Information about our local data protection authority can be found at www.ico.org.uk.